Saturday, March 20, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Today I woke up and saw the front lawn covered with 1" of snow. I was a little disappointed, but it was a really nice day and by 11 o'clock it was gone. So I asked the girls who wanted to go for a hike with me. Alma said she didn't want to go for a hike, but Saralyn said she did. So Saralyn and I went for a hike. The snow was still frozen enough to walk on with snow shoes most of the day which was very nice. It was still a tough hike for me since I carried Saralyn in the backpack carrier all day(she weighs about 27 pounds). I like to think of it as training for elk antler season.


We hiked about 5 miles and found only one little fresh-brown antler. I let Saralyn find it of course. She was so happy she found one!





Despite the long hike and very sore shouldlers now, it was a good trip for both of us. Saralyn sang songs, took a long nap, and didn't complain one bit the whole trip. Hopefully we'll go again and find more.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Saralyn. You were a big help to your daddy. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete