Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hunting in Wyoming

Last month I got to go to Wyoming on a whitetail hunt near Sundance (way up in the northeast corner of wyoming). I went along with a couple other guys who had hunted this place before. We seen a lot of good bucks and each filled our tag.

A view of the property.



My 10 point buck.

Adam's 10 point buck.

Todd's 11 point buck.

And of course it wouldn't be complete without me finding a nice shed!

I also got to go on mountain lion hunt in Wyoming also. My friend Tre located a lion track this past wednesday night and told me to be ready to get a lion the next day. I got up at 2 am and drove to Star Valley and met Tre at 6 am. We waited for daylight before we headed up in the mountain where the lion tracks were. About 100 yard up we found a fresh set of lion tracks in the snow. We let the dogs go there and they immeadiately were on the lions trail. After 20 minutes, we determined they had treed the lion according to their location on the GPS. We hiked up the mountain about 400 yard further to where the dogs were and sure enough there was lion in a big pine tree. The videos show the rest...

I got a big tom mountain lion. He weighed 140 lbs and measured 7 feet long.




This was definately the coolest thing I have ever done! Thanks Tre!

...and a special BIG THANKS to Kerrilyn for letting me go and taking care of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment