Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Trip for the Year

Well, this past Saturday I got one more trip in. The weather stayed wet and cool, so the undergrowth and mosquitos have been held back, allowing me to do more hiking. Colter went with me this time also. We hiked into an area we had not been in this year yet, however, after several hours of hiking, we had not found a single antler. So we hiked back up out of that canyon and headed for another area. Right away I found a fresh 4-point antler. Not much further away I located a matching 4x5 set of antlers laying close to each other. It was soon getting late into the afternoon, so we decided head home and call it a year. It was a beautiful day and enjoyed the wonderful scenery.
A few scenery pictures.




A mule deer hiding in the brush.

A fresh 4-point.

A fresh matching set close together.

My pile for the year: 30+ elk sheds, 50+ deer sheds.

No comments:

Post a Comment